His bass swings the PIneapple sound. Although his roots are in country music, Randy's skills allow him to adapt easily to the jazzier sounds of Big Pineapple. Besides, as Randy himself says,"Hawaii is a country."
Gary grew up in Jupiter, FL under the influence of James Mitchner's "Adventures in Paradise" and "The Endless Summer". After 12 years as a musician in San Francisco, Gary returned to Florida, playing in various rock, blues and country bands. Skills developed on slide and steel guitars, plus a passion for surf, sand and things Hawaiian keep Gary tan and happy.
Rocky, raised in San Pedro, CA was exposed to Hawaiian music at an early age. Rock's father, a merchant seaman would return home from South Seas voyages with tales of adventure, exotic gifts and the occasional ukulele. After a long career in other sordid musical styles, Rocky has rediscovered the irresistable lure of swaying palms, fragrant tropical nights and the dulcet tones of a beautiful Uke.
Big Pineapple plays the sweet sounds of the Hawaiian Islands. Featuring the instrumental wizardry of Rocky Blaze on Ukulele, Gary Goldsmith on Hawaiian Steel Guitar and Randy Day on Bass, BIG Pineapple's smooth renditions of contemporary and traditional island favorites evoke the romantic moods and exotic settings of old Hawaii. Expertly blending 1930's and 40's Jazz, Bossa Nova, Country and Swing music, BIG Pineapple has developed a unique, fresh sound firmly rooted in classic Hawaiian music.
Big Pineapple has winter and summer homes in St Augustine, Florida
"All Of Me" from the Monkey Town CD
"Beyond The Sea"
"Nice Shirt" the movie
1. Hawaiian Rose 2. I'll See You In Hawaii 3. Waiting For Bonnie 4. Scotch And Soda 5. Havana Daydreamin' 6. Christmas In Tiki Town 7. Surfer Girl/When You Wish Upon A Star 8. Beyound The Sea 9. 8 String Swing 10. If Tomorrow Never Comes 11. Little Grass Shack
CD will be shipped and download available upon purchase
1. Captain Lloyd/Manakoora 2. Monkey Town 3. Ukulele Blues 4. Sleepwalk 5. Island Of My Own
6. 50% 7. All Of Me 8. Moon Over TJ 9. Cocnut Island 10. The Moon Of Manakoora
1. Hapa Haole Hula Girl2. Nice Shirt3. Beyond The Reef 4. Chinatown My Chinatown 5. Begin The Beguine 6. Ono Road
7. Hillbilly Hula Girl 8. Honolulu Skies 9. Wave 10. Tropical Heat Wave 11. Lillie 12. How High The Moon 13. Born To Hula
A taste of the Pineapple
and our special Christmas offering Mele Kalikimaka
The New Big Pineapple Album will be released in Mid September 2016. Really!